Senior Wellness OverviewThe evidence is undeniable, physical activity and exercise is good for you. Regular physical activity can help improve mental and physical health, which can maintain your independence as you age.
The benefits of exercise for seniors and aging adults include:
- Prevention of disease: such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
- Improved mental health: Exercise helps reduce stress and sleep.
- Decreased risk of falls: Exercise improves strength and flexibility, which also help improve balance and coordination and further reduce the risk of falls.
- Improved cognitive function: Research suggest a lower risk of dementia for physically active individuals, regardless of when you begin a routine.
- Social engagement: Exercise in social setting can be fun and make you happy.
Senior Classes (Complimentary)Our classes are constructed to address strength, flexibility, and balance. It's also for those looking to get in shape or maintain a healthy lifestyle. Our students have various levels of fitness and we can adjust to your fitness level, even if you need to start in a chair. Our team will design specific activities for you so that you can still participate with the class. Our classes are directed by Liberty Rehabilitation personnel who have degrees in Exercise Physiology and Kinesiology and trained by our Therapists. We welcome you to join our community and allow us to help you achieve a healthy lifestyle.
|North Central Location (Embassy Oaks)||Southside Location - Coming in January 2020!|
9:00 AM Senior Balance
10:00 AM Strengthening
|Mondays and Wednesdays:
9:00 AM Aerobics
10:00 AM Senior Stretch